Changing the gender marker your New York State birth certificate

In June 2014, New York State revised the requirements for changing the gender marker on a NYS birth certificate. (See:  I have the documents you need to get this process started including an Instruction sheet on how to change your birth certificate, an application for correction of your birth certificate and a fill in the blanks Affidavit of Gender Error which you will need to get notarized, something you can do at any bank.

Application for Correction of Certificate of Birth
How to Change Your Birth Certificate in New York State – New Policy
Notarized Affidavit of Gender Error